Pentecost Sunday is one of the most important days on the Christian calendar. It’s a day to celebrate what God has done for us, and how he continues to faithfully work in our lives.
The Bible tells us that after Jesus ascended into heaven, “the Holy Spirit descended upon them.”
- Acts 2:3-4. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
- Acts 2:4. What does this mean? Pentecost is about people being empowered by God’s word!
It can be hard sometimes to find words that express what we’re feeling deep inside, but these 10 best Pentecost verses from scripture will help you share your joy with others.
You May Also Like: Pentecost Greetings, Wishes, and Messages
Bible Verses About Pentecost
- “When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.”______Acts 2:1-2
- “Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.”______Acts 2:33
- “They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”_____Acts 2:3-4
- “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.”_____John 14:16
- “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”_____Acts 1:8
- “Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”______Acts 2:38
- “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.”_____Acts 4:31
- “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning.”____Acts 11:15
- “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”___John 14:26
The Holy Spirit, also known as the Holy Ghost and the Paraclete, is a key figure in Christians’ understanding of God. Pentecost falls on 50 days after Easter Sunday every year and commemorates when the Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus’s followers at their meeting place in Jerusalem to empower them for preaching.